Friday, September 12, 2008

Backpacking Trip

Kirt took Katie and Tanner on a backpacking adventure. They went to 4th of July pass in Idaho where Kirt takes the YM camping alot. There are some warming huts and trails that cross country skiiers use in the winter. They hiked about a mile in, set up camp in the warming hut and then made a fire and roasted smores. Kirt said that Katie kept asking Kirt while they were hiking if he was sure he knew where they were going and if he really knew how to make a fire. They spent the night in the warming hut. In the morning they got up and had hot chocolate and bacon and scrambled eggs and donuts and then hiked the mile back out. As you can see, Tanner carried a real backpacking pack and Katie carried her Dora backpack. They had a great time.












4 comments :

the Aymster said...

That sounds like so much fun. Go Kirt!! I cant' wait till all our kids are old enough to go on a real backpacking trip like that.

Madsen Family said...

Kirt likes to take the YW camping there? That sounds scandalous (I think you meant the YM:). What fun! I'd go backpacking lots more too if Tanner carried all my stuff AND there were warming huts to sleep in!

Ryan and Angela said...

That looks like so much fun. Kirt is brave to take the kids by himself. I am scared of my own kids. I think I would lose one or two.

Amber said...

YAY Kirt!! Nice break for you Em. :) Looks like fun!