Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garret's 2nd Birthday

You can tell that Garret is a third child. His birthday was a little pathetic. I was going to put his Cozy Coupe Car together the night before, but our power was out, so I didn't do it. The next morning Tanner wanted to try and put it together. So he went out and tried with no success. So I went out to help him and of course Garret came with me because he never leaves my side. So he sat there for about an hour while my dad (thankfully he stopped by and helped me) and I put it together. It was so sad watching him try to get in it to play with it while we were putting it together. I really should have put it together the night before. The kids told me that I should make him a lawn mower cake or a hot tub cake because those are two of his favorite things in the whole world. So what kind of cake did he get? A blue one. That's about as far as my artistic abilities go. I did let him pick out the kind of cake. He chose rainbow chip. So all in all his birthday was not the extravaganza that my 1st child's 2nd birthday was. Poor Garret.



4 comments :

Nikki said...

That car is a classic. We got one for Rachel for Christmas, but her older sisters play in it more that she does. Hope you are all doing well.

Amber said...

you should see our fourth's birthday! THAT was pathetic! LOL! I don;t even think we got him a present (when he turned one) LOL! :)

shay said...

Just saying hi! Hope all is well! Miss ya!

Unlisted said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sienna's birthday was over 6 weeks ago and she just got her present this week from a garage sale. But she loves the new bike so that's all that matters. (But I do think moving and being homeless count as a good excuse, Right??)