Monday, January 24, 2011

Screaming Garret

Garret has a screaming problem. He is always screaming. We were on the way home from church yesterday, and he screamed a very high pitched scream. I slammed on the brakes and told him that screamers could not ride in my car and that he had to get out and walk home (we were only 3 blocks from home and Kirt got out with him, plus it was a warm sunny day-I'm not that mean of a mom). When he and Kirt started walking I guess he looked up at Kirt and said "Do you think mom is mad at me?" When they got home, I started talking to him, telling him it is never OK to scream like that. I told him that it hurt everyone's ears. He said "I know mom, dad already talked to me about that." What am I going to do with this kid?

2 comments :

KimBClark said...

I wondered why they were walking yesterday! We've done the same thing with our kids when they fight on the way home from church---where they have just learned about kindness and family unity--oh, the irony.

Amber said...

hahahaaa! " Do you think mom os mad at me?" that is awesome!!