Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wednesday September 19th-London

I arrived in London this morning.  After my rocky start, it was very uneventful. (I was supposed to fly Spokane-Seattle-SLC-Heathrow, but when I arrived at the airport at 9:30am on Tuesday morning, my flight to Seattle was delayed.  It became so delayed that there was no way that I was going to get my connection in Seattle. So they rebooked me on a flight to Minneapolis then to Heathrow.  It ended up being a much better itinerary.) I got to the airport about 8am London and after standing in the immigration line for an hour and a half, Kirt met me in the airport.  We took the train to the apartment.  Luckily I got to take a 3 hour nap.  Then we got up and did a Harry Potter tour and went up the Shard, a 72 story building, for beautiful views of the city.
Our guide Robert for the Harry Potter tour
Building that they based Gringotts Bank off of
Building that inspired some of the Harry Potter sets
Building that inspired some of the Harry Potter sets
 Building that inspired some of the Harry Potter sets
 Leadenhall Market-Place in London in the 1st movie where Harry said to Hagrid "Where will we find all of this stuff in London?"
 Tower Bridge
Building that inspired some of the Harry Potter sets

Millennium Bridge in the 6th movie that is destroyed at the beginning of the movie
 St Pauls Cathedral

The Shard
 Views from the Shard-St Pauls Cathedral
  Views from the Shard-St. Pauls Cathedral 
 Views from the Shard-London Eye, Westminster Abby, Big Ben and Parliament 
  Views from the Shard-London Bridge and Tower of London
  Views from the Shard-London Bridge
  Views from the Shard-Tower of London
  Views from the Shard-Modern London
 Entrance to the City of London
 Replica of the Globe, Shakespeare's theater
 Apartment that we stayed in in London. Kirt rented a room in an apartment on Air B&B. The owner had very interesting tastes in decor.

0 comments :