Sunday, December 23, 2018

Best Christmas Present

Kirt's mission buddy Jared Justice had a son that served in Tanner's mission.  His name was Jimmy and Jimmy came home from his mission in BA the day that Tanner left.  Jared and his family went back to BA for Christmas to see where Jimmy had served for his mission.  They were so kind and took a huge duffle bag of things down to Tanner for Christmas.  They just knocked on his door on the night of the 23rd and said hi to Tanner and his comp for a few minutes and took a picture with them.  I burst into tears when I got the text with this picture in it from Jared.  
Here is the text conversation between me and Jared.

Jared: We made it! It took a couple of taxis to get there because the first one wouldn't go in to the area! He's doing great!
Me: Thanks so much for the picture. Make sure to give him a big hug for me.
Jared: I gave him two! Maybe 3....haha.
Me: Awesome!! He's used to my craziness so I'm sure he didn't think anything of it.
Jared: Haha...I'm the crazy one in my family! I know how it is. Big day in two days...enjoy talking with him!
Me: Did you freak out when you saw how tall he was?
Jared: He is tall!! No one messes with him!
Me: You visiting him is the best gift anyone could give me for Christmas!
Jared: I told the taxi driver that he was Santa and we were his elves.
Me: So did the area seem sketchy?
Jared: There was a part that we went through that was. He said he doesn't even live in his area. He has to take a bus to get to his area.
Me: How did his apartment look? How messy is he?
Jared: Looks nice.. just hot.  Beds made up and everything.
Me: Thanks for answering all my crazy questions.  this mission thing is so hard on a mom.  I can't believe how much I miss him.
Jared: No way to prepare for it. I always said they have mission prep for the kids but nothing for the parents.  I just loved my mission so much and never even thought about how much I would miss them!

0 comments :