Friday, December 18, 2020

Stupid COVID

 I was feeling just a little bit sick, but really thought it was nothing.  But Tanner was coming home the next day and I really didn't want to give him Covid.  So I went on Friday night to get a Covid test, just so I wouldn't have to worry about giving it to Tanner when he came home on Saturday.  I really didn't think that I had it.  Well, I was wrong.  My test came back positive.  Since I'm a health care worker, I was able to get a rapid test luckily and got my results Friday night.  So after Tanner's game at the University of Utah, we called him and told him that he wasn't going to be able to come home the next day because I had Covid.  I was so sad.  He wasn't home the last 2 years for Christmas and I really wanted him to come home this year.  He was sad too.  He didn't want to sit alone in his apartment.  I told him I would send him to see some other family, and he immediately said, "Can I go see Emilie?"  So I bought him a bus ticket down to St. George the next day.  He spent December 19-23 with Emilie and her family. (See post on Tanner goes to St. George to see Emilie.)  Then he flew home to Spokane on the 23rd.  Grammy and Pompa picked him up at the airport and took him back to Moscow.  He had to be back there by midnight of the 23rd so that he could quarantine for 5 days.

I felt so bad that I got Covid.  I was supposed to work the 24th and 25th this year which was going to work out well.  We were going to do Christmas with Tanner on the 23rd and then take him back to school.  I made it some of my co-workers that weren't planning on working Christmas, had to work Christmas.  And I didn't even get to do anything fun for Christmas.  We didn't get to spend it with family because we were quarantining.  And I exposed my parents.  Thankfully they did not get it.

Kirt, Katie and Garret went and got tested on Saturday.  Kirt was positive, but Katie and Garret were negative.  Katie and Garret got tested on the 24th again and were still negative.  They never got it.  It's so weird that they never got it.  They were in the house with us for that whole 10 days and we didn't wear masks or do anything differently.  They must have good immune systems.

0 comments :